Merger veterans’ tips for a blissful union
In many ways, a physician practice merger is like courtship and marriage, with the same joys and perilous pitfalls. You meet Doctor Right in the physicians’ lounge or maybe through a colleague. You discover that you have much in common—the same friends, interests, education, income, and malpractice insurance. The talk turns to a union. You move in together, working side by side and sharing expertise, while saving money on rent, staff, parking, and other overhead. Smitten, you rush into what seems like a perfect match.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers