Merger veterans’ tips for a blissful union
In many ways, a physician practice merger is like courtship and marriage, with the same joys and perilous pitfalls. You meet Doctor Right in the physicians’ lounge or maybe through a colleague. You discover that you have much in common—the same friends, interests, education, income, and malpractice insurance. The talk turns to a union. You move in together, working side by side and sharing expertise, while saving money on rent, staff, parking, and other overhead. Smitten, you rush into what seems like a perfect match.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion