Prepare your organization for machine-readable patient ID cards
Findings from the health plans report in the HealthLeaders Media Industry Survey 2009 indicate that the largest proportion of respondents would select a consumer-focused, market solution to fix healthcare, placing more responsibility on patients for their health and payments. The second most popular approach was a government-directed solution?excluding a universal single payer?that might entail some combination of higher Medicaid funding, regulation of insurance companies and drug and equipment markers, and funding for technology. The survey was developed by HealthLeaders Media, a division of HCPro, Inc., in Marblehead, MA, and the publisher of MCCRA.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts