Prepare your organization for machine-readable patient ID cards
Findings from the health plans report in the HealthLeaders Media Industry Survey 2009 indicate that the largest proportion of respondents would select a consumer-focused, market solution to fix healthcare, placing more responsibility on patients for their health and payments. The second most popular approach was a government-directed solution?excluding a universal single payer?that might entail some combination of higher Medicaid funding, regulation of insurance companies and drug and equipment markers, and funding for technology. The survey was developed by HealthLeaders Media, a division of HCPro, Inc., in Marblehead, MA, and the publisher of MCCRA.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse