PHRs: New trend can lead to better care, privacy challenges
As healthcare continues its push toward greater transparency, consumers are taking a more proactive role in their care. Potential patients are researching healthcare quality and price with the same fervor they would an automobile or flat-screen television, asking questions they once would not have, and, in many cases, taking control of their medical records.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream