In a sea of controversy, blogs can be life rafts
Although many hospitals avoid starting a blog for fear of sparking bad publicity, Nick Jacobs, president and CEO of Windber (PA) Medical Center, has found this to be a misconception.
When used appropriately, blogs can be an effective means of damage control for hospitals.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality