The Doctor’s Office, July 2009
This recruitment- and retention-focused issue of The Doctor's Office provides highlights from the recent AMGA/Cejka Search survey in addition to strategies for recruiting physicians in the face of a shortage and economic recession. In addition, we get you up to date on the Red Flags Rule and the retail movement in healthcare.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans