Prepare your practice to comply with Red Flags regs
When Congress passed the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACTA), little did healthcare organizations suspect that they would be on the hook for yet another government mandate. But that’s exactly what’s happened, and the August 1 deadline for implementing procedures to comply with the regulations, known as the Identity Theft Red Flags Rule (16 CFR 681.2), is fast approaching.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'