HITECH stiffens HIPAA requirements and penalties
At this point, you know about the Obama administration’s
goals for widespread electronic health record (EHR) adoption, about the $19 billion being invested in healthcare information technology, and about the carrots being offered to entice hospitals and physicians to play along.
But is that all you know about the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act? Did you catch the part about stricter HIPAA requirements and stiffer penalties for violations?
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files