HITECH stiffens HIPAA requirements and penalties
At this point, you know about the Obama administration’s
goals for widespread electronic health record (EHR) adoption, about the $19 billion being invested in healthcare information technology, and about the carrots being offered to entice hospitals and physicians to play along.
But is that all you know about the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act? Did you catch the part about stricter HIPAA requirements and stiffer penalties for violations?
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014