HITECH stiffens HIPAA requirements and penalties
At this point, you know about the Obama administration’s
goals for widespread electronic health record (EHR) adoption, about the $19 billion being invested in healthcare information technology, and about the carrots being offered to entice hospitals and physicians to play along.
But is that all you know about the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act? Did you catch the part about stricter HIPAA requirements and stiffer penalties for violations?
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing