HITECH stiffens HIPAA requirements and penalties
At this point, you know about the Obama administration’s
goals for widespread electronic health record (EHR) adoption, about the $19 billion being invested in healthcare information technology, and about the carrots being offered to entice hospitals and physicians to play along.
But is that all you know about the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act? Did you catch the part about stricter HIPAA requirements and stiffer penalties for violations?
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals