HITECH stiffens HIPAA requirements and penalties
At this point, you know about the Obama administration’s
goals for widespread electronic health record (EHR) adoption, about the $19 billion being invested in healthcare information technology, and about the carrots being offered to entice hospitals and physicians to play along.
But is that all you know about the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act? Did you catch the part about stricter HIPAA requirements and stiffer penalties for violations?
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer