Prepare for aggressive recovery efforts from self-funded employers
The success of CMS’ Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) pilot is not only leading to its expansion nation¬wide; it’s inspiring other payers to take a second look at recovery efforts.
In particular, companies with self-funded health coverage are reviewing claims they’ve paid and, in some cases, they are seeking to recoup some of that money. That means your organization may face more demand letters from these payers—or the recovery firms they hire.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- Why single payer died in VT