Prepare for aggressive recovery efforts from self-funded employers
The success of CMS’ Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) pilot is not only leading to its expansion nation¬wide; it’s inspiring other payers to take a second look at recovery efforts.
In particular, companies with self-funded health coverage are reviewing claims they’ve paid and, in some cases, they are seeking to recoup some of that money. That means your organization may face more demand letters from these payers—or the recovery firms they hire.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts