Prepare for aggressive recovery efforts from self-funded employers
The success of CMS’ Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) pilot is not only leading to its expansion nation¬wide; it’s inspiring other payers to take a second look at recovery efforts.
In particular, companies with self-funded health coverage are reviewing claims they’ve paid and, in some cases, they are seeking to recoup some of that money. That means your organization may face more demand letters from these payers—or the recovery firms they hire.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- AHRQ: Surgical Admissions Bring 48% of Hospital Revenue
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- HIMSS: Software Bugs, Shifting Alliances Unsettling for CIOs
- Hospitals Adapting Amid Continued Drug Shortages
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Steep Drop Seen in Medically Unnecessary C-Sections
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- As Allegations Swirl, Baylor Plano Rejects Baldrige Award