Prepare for aggressive recovery efforts from self-funded employers
The success of CMS’ Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) pilot is not only leading to its expansion nation¬wide; it’s inspiring other payers to take a second look at recovery efforts.
In particular, companies with self-funded health coverage are reviewing claims they’ve paid and, in some cases, they are seeking to recoup some of that money. That means your organization may face more demand letters from these payers—or the recovery firms they hire.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed