Leadership: Medical director survey finds wide range of duties, comp
Just what do medical directors do? How much should they be paid? A recent survey provides some insight into such surprisingly difficult questions, but it also highlights how difficult it is to come up with a single job description—or a single rate of compensation.
For the first time, MGMA has collected survey data on medical director compensation. One of its objectives was to address the lack of a formal definition of “medical director.”
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law