Leadership: Medical director survey finds wide range of duties, comp
Just what do medical directors do? How much should they be paid? A recent survey provides some insight into such surprisingly difficult questions, but it also highlights how difficult it is to come up with a single job description—or a single rate of compensation.
For the first time, MGMA has collected survey data on medical director compensation. One of its objectives was to address the lack of a formal definition of “medical director.”
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives