The pros and cons of the personal health record trend
As healthcare continues its push toward greater transparency, consumers are taking a more proactive role in their care. Potential patients are researching healthcare quality and price with the same fervor they would an automobile or flat-screen television, asking questions they once would not have, and, in many cases, taking control of their medical records.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?