Health Governance Report, August 2009
This month’s Health Governance Report features articles about how hospitals are dealing with a difficult economy, four HIPAA and HITECH topics to tackle now, how bills in Congress would resolve Medicare payment disparities in one state, how mystery shoppers add emphasis to infection control, how the RAC demonstration project offers valuable lessons, and how safety leaders learn during patient safety rounds.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream