Health Governance Report, August 2009
This month’s Health Governance Report features articles about how hospitals are dealing with a difficult economy, four HIPAA and HITECH topics to tackle now, how bills in Congress would resolve Medicare payment disparities in one state, how mystery shoppers add emphasis to infection control, how the RAC demonstration project offers valuable lessons, and how safety leaders learn during patient safety rounds.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts