The Doctor’s Office, September 2009
This issue of TDO will continue our staffing series with expert advice for training employees; provide recent updates from Medicare and the Centers for Disease Control; and help practices prepare for aggressive recovery efforts from self-funded employers. This month’s PPS will provide an array of perspectives on dealing with disruptive doctors as well as a primer on coding consultations vs. referrals.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL