Articulate when and how payers can access records
Payers often seek broad access to medical records, billing, and claims data. And the contract language governing such materials can be broad and vague. It may behoove your organization to craft language that will clearly define just who has access to which records and when they can retrieve them.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions