Recruit and retain the perfect physician
The first step in the recruiting process is determining why you need to hire a new physician. It may sound simple and obvious, but it is something that requires a lot of thought.
“A good sourcing strategy is a necessary piece of the puzzle for physician searches,” writes Kay B. Stanley, FACMPE, vice president of Coker Group in Atlanta, in its Crafting a Sustainable Model for Physician Recruitment and Retention white paper. “It begins with determining what type of people you need and then deciding the best way to reach them.”
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically