Recruit and retain the perfect physician
The first step in the recruiting process is determining why you need to hire a new physician. It may sound simple and obvious, but it is something that requires a lot of thought.
“A good sourcing strategy is a necessary piece of the puzzle for physician searches,” writes Kay B. Stanley, FACMPE, vice president of Coker Group in Atlanta, in its Crafting a Sustainable Model for Physician Recruitment and Retention white paper. “It begins with determining what type of people you need and then deciding the best way to reach them.”
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts