State of emergency
Fifty-seven percent of hospitals have seen an increase in ED visits during the recession, and 30% have seen an increase in admissions through the department, according to analysis from the American Hospital Association. And more ED volume has brought with it more uncompensated care and patients on Medicaid or Medicare.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion