IPAs: Are you in the FTC’s crosshairs?
The following reader-submitted question on this subject generated a fervent response from several managed care experts:
I want to know whether a messenger model IPA can speak with health plans about certain fee schedule issues. Since the physician community [may face] … cuts in overall reimbursement from Medicare in 2010, can these IPAs go back to the plans and ask for new reimbursement methodologies?
Most managed care contract fee schedules are tied to a percentile of Medicare. In 2010, all plans will experience a huge windfall in savings. I am trying to convince the IPA that I affiliate with to ask for a new methodology in calculating fee schedules. Is this within the legal bounds to do and not viewed as price fixing?
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans