Promote prompt payment from CDHP, HDHP patients
But it’s not that easy. HDHPs and CDHPs (i.e., HDHPs with an account attached) are nothing new, but for many providers, challenges persist.
Some healthcare organizations, both as providers and as employers, have embraced them, but others continue to struggle. Among the complaints: increased bad debt, delayed reimbursements, and higher cost to collect.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files