Promote prompt payment from CDHP, HDHP patients
But it’s not that easy. HDHPs and CDHPs (i.e., HDHPs with an account attached) are nothing new, but for many providers, challenges persist.
Some healthcare organizations, both as providers and as employers, have embraced them, but others continue to struggle. Among the complaints: increased bad debt, delayed reimbursements, and higher cost to collect.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement