Promote prompt payment from CDHP, HDHP patients
But it’s not that easy. HDHPs and CDHPs (i.e., HDHPs with an account attached) are nothing new, but for many providers, challenges persist.
Some healthcare organizations, both as providers and as employers, have embraced them, but others continue to struggle. Among the complaints: increased bad debt, delayed reimbursements, and higher cost to collect.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big