HITECH, major settlements, EHRs, and more
The quality, efficiency, safety, and privacy of healthcarein the United States were front-page news in 2009.
Specific developments weren’t mere flashes in the pan; experts say the ripple effect will continue into 2010 with long-ranging effects for most. Let’s revisit the most significant events of 2009 and explore their potential effect in 2010.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014