HITECH, major settlements, EHRs, and more
The quality, efficiency, safety, and privacy of healthcarein the United States were front-page news in 2009.
Specific developments weren’t mere flashes in the pan; experts say the ripple effect will continue into 2010 with long-ranging effects for most. Let’s revisit the most significant events of 2009 and explore their potential effect in 2010.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic