HITECH, major settlements, EHRs, and more
The quality, efficiency, safety, and privacy of healthcarein the United States were front-page news in 2009.
Specific developments weren’t mere flashes in the pan; experts say the ripple effect will continue into 2010 with long-ranging effects for most. Let’s revisit the most significant events of 2009 and explore their potential effect in 2010.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013