Does your governing board understand medical staff issues?
Do your hospital governing board members understand why peer review is such a contentious issue among physicians? Can they map out the credentialing process? Have they read the medical staff bylaws? For many hospitals, the answer to these questions is "no," says Napoleon Knight, MD, CPE, CMSL, vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, IL.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs