Does your governing board understand medical staff issues?
Do your hospital governing board members understand why peer review is such a contentious issue among physicians? Can they map out the credentialing process? Have they read the medical staff bylaws? For many hospitals, the answer to these questions is "no," says Napoleon Knight, MD, CPE, CMSL, vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, IL.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013