Does your governing board understand medical staff issues?
Do your hospital governing board members understand why peer review is such a contentious issue among physicians? Can they map out the credentialing process? Have they read the medical staff bylaws? For many hospitals, the answer to these questions is "no," says Napoleon Knight, MD, CPE, CMSL, vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, IL.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence