Does your governing board understand medical staff issues?
Do your hospital governing board members understand why peer review is such a contentious issue among physicians? Can they map out the credentialing process? Have they read the medical staff bylaws? For many hospitals, the answer to these questions is "no," says Napoleon Knight, MD, CPE, CMSL, vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, IL.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Building a Better Healthcare Board