Be prepared: Include disaster plans in your contract negotiations
Depending on the type of disaster, you could face lost records and staff shortages. (And what administrative staff there is may be assigned to patient care.)
How will you maintain medical and financial records under the circumstances? What about filing claims and appeals? Can you expect concessions from payers?
Few provider organizations consider these issues, but the impact could be devastating.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013