Be prepared: Include disaster plans in your contract negotiations
Depending on the type of disaster, you could face lost records and staff shortages. (And what administrative staff there is may be assigned to patient care.)
How will you maintain medical and financial records under the circumstances? What about filing claims and appeals? Can you expect concessions from payers?
Few provider organizations consider these issues, but the impact could be devastating.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- How Educated Nurses Save Money