Be prepared: Include disaster plans in your contract negotiations
Depending on the type of disaster, you could face lost records and staff shortages. (And what administrative staff there is may be assigned to patient care.)
How will you maintain medical and financial records under the circumstances? What about filing claims and appeals? Can you expect concessions from payers?
Few provider organizations consider these issues, but the impact could be devastating.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse