Be prepared: Include disaster plans in your contract negotiations
Depending on the type of disaster, you could face lost records and staff shortages. (And what administrative staff there is may be assigned to patient care.)
How will you maintain medical and financial records under the circumstances? What about filing claims and appeals? Can you expect concessions from payers?
Few provider organizations consider these issues, but the impact could be devastating.
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies