Be prepared: Include disaster plans in your contract negotiations
Depending on the type of disaster, you could face lost records and staff shortages. (And what administrative staff there is may be assigned to patient care.)
How will you maintain medical and financial records under the circumstances? What about filing claims and appeals? Can you expect concessions from payers?
Few provider organizations consider these issues, but the impact could be devastating.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers