Benchmarking for Beleaguered Budgets
When hunting for opportunities to improve financial performance, benchmarking may not immediately spring to mind as a cost-cutting measure; however, financial leaders who use benchmarking techniques to enhance the fiscal well-being of their institutions have found it to be invaluable. Benchmarking allows each department or hospital within a system to demonstrate the distinct nature of its function, and that can be compared month over month, year over year, or against peers at a neighboring hospital (if that data is available).
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- When a hospital closes