Does Guaranteed Payment Guarantee Benefit?
It goes by many names: bundling, bundled payment, episode-based payment, ProvenCare, payer contract guarantees, warranties. But whatever healthcare leaders decide to call it, it may be the future of payment programs. Bundling is being touted by some as a solution to what ails the current fee-for-service system, and two of the largest health systems are taking these programs to heart.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013