Should you be ordering that test?
“We feel it’s our responsibility to be developing some recommendations as to what our physicians should be doing to keep costs down,” says Steven Weinberger, MD, deputy executive vice president of the ACP. Although the organization will be looking at diagnostics as well as therapies, its first target will be the former.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money