Patients help align physicians and hospitals
However, this time, hospitals and physicians have learned what works for them and, equally important, what does not work. In some instances hospitals are employing doctors; in other cases they are using joint ventures or other management agreements to employ them. But in every case, the goal is the same: to unite and align the physician and the administration toward achieving the same strategic, financial, and leadership goals—the biggest goal of all being patient satisfaction.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised