Clinical informatics on its way to becoming recognized as a board-certified subspecialty
“There is a big push for more adoption of electronic health records (EHR) among physicians and hospitals. It’s a larger initiative around health IT, which has received a lot of attention in no small part [due] to the $40 billion in the federal stimulus package dedicated to the adoption and meaningful use of electronic health records,” says William Hersh, MD, chair of the Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US