Six steps to negotiating better managed care contracts
Take a proactive, organized approach to negotiating contracts and you will do far better than if you just wait to see what the payer offers, says John Schmitt, a managed care expert at EthosPartners Healthcare Management Group, based in Suwanee, GA.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try