GAO says CMS needs more oversight of managed care
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) recently released a report stating that CMS needs better oversight of Medicaid managed care contracts. If lawmakers are successful in pushing for more aggressive oversight, providers could see changes in the rates Medicaid pays—either for better or worse, depending on your state’s Medicaid contract.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions