Surgeons: Take a vacation
In this 24/7 work world, it seems healthcare professionals are working nonstop. For surgeons, there are added concerns that the exceedingly long shifts have a potential effect on patient care stemming from psychological trouble spots: burnout, depression, career dissatisfaction, and problems at home.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives