The Doctor's Office, May 2011
This issue of TDO will show how patient check-in technologies can cut cost and wait times, offer advice on transitioning to the ICD-10 coding system, and give tips for climbing the management ladder. This month’s PPS provides information about boutique clinics that target the uninsured, discusses strategies for successful hospitalists models, and provides tips on orienting new hospitalists to your orgnaization.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives