In an ACO, who's accountable?
If the accountable care organization (ACO) becomes the dominant way healthcare is organized in the future, providers will likely face the wrath of both the public and the pundits under ACOs. This is inevitable because one of the chief priorities of ACOs is to limit utilization-the same role HMOs once filled.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers