Physician quality incentive payments on the rise
Physicians are participating in Medicare pay-for-reporting programs in growing numbers, according to the 2009 Physician Quality Reporting System and e-Prescribing Experience Report from CMS. More than 119,800 physicians and other eligible professionals received incentive payments totaling more than $234 million in 2009-well above the $92.4 million and $36 million paid in 2008 and 2007, respectively. Under the e-prescribing incentive program, CMS paid $148 million to 48,354 physicians and other eligible professionals in 2009, the first payment year for that program.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US