Plugging payroll leaks
There's a fine line between justified overtime brought about by operational demands and overtime in which employees work the clock to their advantage. With labor costs gobbling up between 40% and 60% of a hospital's budget, defining that line and catching those overtime missteps is increasingly important. Moreover, taking a strategic approach to scheduling employees can further slim costs without the need for layoffs.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US