Medicare payment set to drop 29.5% in 2012 if nothing done, some look to alternatives
Physicians breathed a sigh of relief in December 2010 when President Obama signed a bill that would postpone the scheduled reduction in Medicare reimbursement to physicians, but the threat has not gone away. Without further action, reimbursement rates could be slashed by 29.5% by January 1, 2012.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US