The Doctor's Office, August 2011
Patients are not used to hearing the word "no" from their hospital or physician-but they will have to start getting used to it. When the discussion takes place about the need for expensive tests or procedures that perhaps don't follow evidence-based guidelines, such conversations will be novel for a number of physicians and hospitals as they start to take on a bigger role in reducing waste and inefficiency in healthcare.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness