Attracting new patients, collecting money keys to viability
Sometimes providing good care to your existing patients isn't enough. If your practice is not drawing in new patients at a steady rate and collecting the money due in a timely manner, financial success may be elusive, says Nancy Moore, president of NBP, a centralized business office based in Austin, TX, that provides practice management solutions and support for office-based cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, and neurosurgery practices.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings