Healthcare costs accelerate slightly
The average per capita cost of healthcare services covered by commercial insurance and Medicare grew 5.71% over the 12 months ending in July 2011, representing a third straight month of modest acceleration of cost growth, Standard & Poor's (S&P) Healthcare Economic Indices show.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives