Healthcare costs accelerate slightly
The average per capita cost of healthcare services covered by commercial insurance and Medicare grew 5.71% over the 12 months ending in July 2011, representing a third straight month of modest acceleration of cost growth, Standard & Poor's (S&P) Healthcare Economic Indices show.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data