Developing empathetic physician leaders
The task of identifying and grooming physician leaders for C-suite posts is complex. A physician may wield a surgical instrument with precision, but could lack the compassion needed to win loyalty from staff and trust from patients. In the post-healthcare reform era, physician leaders who show emotional and clinical strength will be a valuable commodity.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion