ICD-10 coming sooner than you think, will radically change reimbursement
The new ICD-10 medical coding system, which all medical practices, hospitals, and health plans around the country must adopt by October 1, 2013-unless it is delayed again-will shake up the entire revenue and reimbursement system for providers. Although 2013 sounds like a far-off deadline, physician practices should be well into preparing by now.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest