ICD-10 coming sooner than you think, will radically change reimbursement
The new ICD-10 medical coding system, which all medical practices, hospitals, and health plans around the country must adopt by October 1, 2013-unless it is delayed again-will shake up the entire revenue and reimbursement system for providers. Although 2013 sounds like a far-off deadline, physician practices should be well into preparing by now.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer