Patient motivation a must for accountable care
Accountable care is not a new concept to physicians, but the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PPACA) is creating new pressure to get patients more actively involved in their care, says Erica Drazen, managing partner for emerging practices with the healthcare consulting firm CSC in Waltham, MA. Not only will patients' health improve, but the practice's revenue also can benefit.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus