Patient motivation a must for accountable care
Accountable care is not a new concept to physicians, but the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PPACA) is creating new pressure to get patients more actively involved in their care, says Erica Drazen, managing partner for emerging practices with the healthcare consulting firm CSC in Waltham, MA. Not only will patients' health improve, but the practice's revenue also can benefit.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts