Reduce your chronic care community and chronic costs
Here's a statistic to make you feel ill: In the relentless upward march of U.S. healthcare spending, almost two-thirds (63%) goes to just 10% of patients, and nearly half (52.5%) is spent on 5% of patients, according to a recent study from the National Institute for Health Care Management.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013