Physicians' retirement woes
Caught between healthcare reform mandates and a weak economy, many physicians are fretting that financial conditions will force them to postpone retirement indefinitely. It's no surprise that baby boomer and older "Silent Generation" physicians plan to delay their retirement. What is surprising is that Generation Xers are also thinking about it, even though retirement is many years away, according to Jackson & Coker, an Alpharetta, GA, physician placement firm.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus