Lowest-quality care goes to poor, minority patients
Harvard researchers who identified 178 hospitals that provide the lowest quality of care yet have the highest cost also found that these facilities treat a higher proportion of poor, aged, and minority patients than 122 hospitals that provide high-quality and lower-cost care.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US