Understand three-day DRG payment window to improve reimbursement
CMS' rule for billing preadmission nondiagnostic services has long determined how physicians can bill for certain types of care, like presurgical lab tests, before a patient is admitted to a hospital, but now the requirements have been changed. The new rule broadens the requirement so that more outpatient procedures will have to be bundled with the inpatient billing.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts