Understand three-day DRG payment window to improve reimbursement
CMS' rule for billing preadmission nondiagnostic services has long determined how physicians can bill for certain types of care, like presurgical lab tests, before a patient is admitted to a hospital, but now the requirements have been changed. The new rule broadens the requirement so that more outpatient procedures will have to be bundled with the inpatient billing.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus