Understand three-day DRG payment window to improve reimbursement
CMS' rule for billing preadmission nondiagnostic services has long determined how physicians can bill for certain types of care, like presurgical lab tests, before a patient is admitted to a hospital, but now the requirements have been changed. The new rule broadens the requirement so that more outpatient procedures will have to be bundled with the inpatient billing.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening