Managed Care Contracting & Reimbursement Advisor, March 2012
CMS' rule for billing preadmission nondiagnostic services has long determined how physicians can bill for certain types of care, like presurgical lab tests, before a patient is admitted to a hospital, but now the requirements have been changed. The new rule broadens the requirement so that more outpatient procedures will have to be bundled with the inpatient billing.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US