Align patient incentives with your goals in move to ACOs
As physician care moves steadily toward accountable care, revenue enhancement will depend on hitting markers of quality and efficiency. But that means your income is dependent on your patients being good patients who do what you tell them. Actually achieving that outcome will require a different mind-set and a change in how you run your practice, says Jordan Battani, a principal researcher with CSC, a technology consulting company based in Falls Church, VA.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- The Drug Price Reform Debate