Health Governance Report, August 2012
This issue of HGR focuses on how hosptials can control costs, discusses which process improvements are vital to cost containment, explains the pros and cons of gainsharing and shared savings strategies to reduce costs, highlights one hospital's efforts to increase revenue by charge less for services rather than using aggressive collection tactics, and talks about why healthcare spending is expected to be at historically low levels in 2013.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'