Health Governance Report, August 2012
This issue of HGR focuses on how hosptials can control costs, discusses which process improvements are vital to cost containment, explains the pros and cons of gainsharing and shared savings strategies to reduce costs, highlights one hospital's efforts to increase revenue by charge less for services rather than using aggressive collection tactics, and talks about why healthcare spending is expected to be at historically low levels in 2013.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer