Health Governance Report, September 2012
This issue of HGR discusses the Supreme Court's decision to uphold key provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, healthcare providers reaction to the Supreme Court's ruling, the impact of the PPACA ruling on strategic planning, the affect of the Supreme Court's ruling against expanded Medicaid coverage for CFOs, and the importance of aligning governing boards skill sets with need.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening