Health Governance Report, September 2012
This issue of HGR discusses the Supreme Court's decision to uphold key provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, healthcare providers reaction to the Supreme Court's ruling, the impact of the PPACA ruling on strategic planning, the affect of the Supreme Court's ruling against expanded Medicaid coverage for CFOs, and the importance of aligning governing boards skill sets with need.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears