Why financial success eludes majority of healthcare mergers
Philip Betbeze, for HealthLeaders Media, January 1, 2013
Only four in 10 of all acquired hospitals outperformed their markets within two years of signing. In part, it's because the healthcare industry is being reactive, when it should be purposeful and strategic instead, says one analyst.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs