Seeds of dissatisfaction
In our 2012 Industry Survey, one in five (19%) healthcare leaders report that they are not satisfied in their job, a figure that has steadily increased since 2009, when it was 13%. What is behind this trend, and what are effective ways to address this lack of satisfaction? Organizationally, how do you track this?
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'