Commentary: In gun debate, physicians edge closer to front lines
Joe Cantlupe, for HealthLeaders Media, March 1, 2013
In light of the mass shootings at a Connecticut elementary school, the American Medical Association's chief decries the country's mental health system and wants physicians to have the right to question patients about gun use in their homes.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013